St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) continues modified operations following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH). The health and safety of passengers, employees, and tenants remain our top priority. PIE implemented numerous safety and sanitization measures while planning for our longer-term recovery.
With Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners emergency ordinance requiring that citizens wear face coverings in most indoor places effective on June 24th at 5:00 PM, the airport is providing complimentary masks with mask dispensers located at all entrances, TSA Checkpoint entries, and the Visitor Information Booth. Our updated PIE COVID-19 Action Plan is attached.
Additionally, with Pinellas County and the State of Florida Recovery Phasing and PIE experiencing increased flights and passengers, the airport team will modify operations as needed. The following is information important to passengers:
Airline Ticket counters and TSA Security Checkpoints are open 2 hours before scheduled flight departure. Passengers are encouraged to arrive 2 hours prior to flight departure.
If passengers have questions related to upcoming flights, they should contact their airline directly.
Allegiant Ticket Counters are open only when flights are operating.
Allegiant is updating info on https://www.allegiantair.com/travel-advisory-more-info??
Sun Country Airlines will resume operating flights to Gulfport-Biloxi, MS on July 19th.
Economy Parking Lot will reopen Friday, June 26th; Long-term Parking is Open. Cell Phone Lot is open, and Meeters & Greeters are asked to use this awaiting passenger pick-up and not enter the terminal.
- Concessions open for departing passengers.
- Pre-security News & Gift concessions are open.
- Contact Rental Car Agencies for operating hours. In terminal rental car agencies operations are open for arriving flights.
PIE Airport Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
Precautionary steps in response to the spread of COVID-19, including increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures continue.
- Total Sanitizing of all surfaces; Increased intensity and frequency of disinfecting hard surfaces and high-touch areas throughout the airport
- Increased cleaning efforts in the restrooms and other public areas
- Assuring public restrooms are supplied with soap and towels
- Additional hand sanitizing stations Installed throughout the airport
- Please follow CDC recommended social distance measures put in place at the airport with 6-foot distancing markings and seating restrictions.
COVID-19 Information - If you are traveling, and are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 virus on your trip, please consult the CDC for a current list of travel advisories and useful information: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel