St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) continues modified operations following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Department of Health (DOH). The health and safety of passengers, employees, and tenants remain our top priority. Over the last several weeks, PIE has implemented numerous safety and sanitization measures while planning for our longer-term recovery. Our PIE COVID-19 Action Plan is attached.
Additionally, with Pinellas County and the State of Florida beginning Recovery Phasing and PIE experiencing increased flights and passengers, the airport team will modify operations as needed. The following is information important to passengers:
Airline Ticket counters and TSA Security Checkpoints are open 2 hours before scheduled flight departure. Passengers are encouraged to arrive 2 hours prior to flight departure. If passengers have questions related to upcoming flights, they should contact their airline directly.
Allegiant Ticket Counters are open only when flights are operating. Allegiant is updating info on https://www.allegiantair.com/travel-advisory-more-info??
Sun Country and Sunwing Airlines temporarily suspended operations at PIE until further notice.
Economy Parking Lots are closed; Long-term Parking is Open. Customer transportation to the Economy Lot will be provided by United Taxi with free vouchers provided by the airport; information is posted in Bag Claim. Cell Phone Lot is open, and Meeters & Greeters are asked to use this awaiting passenger pick-up and not enter terminal.
- Concessions open for departing passengers for grab and go food, beverages, news & gifts; Pre-security concessions are currently closed.
- Contact Rental Car Agencies for operating hours
PIE Airport Cleaning & Sanitation Protocols
We are currently taking precautionary steps in response to the spread of COVID-19, including increased cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Total Sanitizing of all surfaces; Increased intensity and frequency of disinfecting hard surfaces and high-touch areas throughout the airport
- Increased cleaning efforts in the restrooms and other public areas
- Assuring public restrooms are supplied with soap and towels
- Additional hand sanitizing stations Installed throughout the airport
Social Distancing and Face Coverings
- Please follow social distance measures put in place at the airport with 6-foot distancing markings and seating restrictions.
- Please wear face covering while in the terminal.
COVID-19 Information - If you are traveling, and are concerned about the impact of the COVID-19 virus on your trip, please consult the CDC for a current list of travel advisories and useful information: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
- Follow the CDC guidelines for protecting yourself, which include:
Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds, avoid contact with people who are ill, avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, do not travel. Stay home and consult your health care provider.
PIE Airport Information 727-453-7800, email@example.com