ArticleType: Member News
The Arts Alliance is sharing this job opportunity from the Arts Conservatory for Teens
Visual Arts Artist-in-Residence Instructor (Part-Time --Paid Position)
The Visual Arts Artist-in-Residence Instructor is dedicated to providing quality visual (i.e. painting, sketching, and drawing) education to all students, committed to fostering creativity, and inspiring life-long commitment to learning and service.
The Visual Arts Artist-in-Residence Instructor will be responsible for developing in each students an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with ACT’s guidelines for program implementation; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
The Visual Arts Artist-in-Residence Instructor will perform all or some of the following Job description:
• Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering and some art history
• Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgement about art.
• Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting
• Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, layering, underpainting, monoprinting
• Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
• Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique
• Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
• Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
• Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection
• Evaluate each students’ performance and growth in knowledge by facilitating an exhibit once a quarter.
• Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and the community
• Communicate with parents and school
• Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Executive Administration.
Minimum Requirement/Knowledge/Skill for Visual Arts Artist-in-Residence Instructor
- On year minimum of work and instructional experience in the Field of Arts and Instruction
Minimum Education Requirements/Certification
- Associate degree in Fine Arts or Certificate from Higher Educational Institution
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts preferred
To Apply, Please Contact HR/Management at ActStPetersburg@GMAIL.COM