ArticleType: Member News
This is a press release from St. Petersburg College. For more information, contact Rita Farlow, Assistant Director, Marketing and Strategic Communications, 727-302-6526 or Marilyn Shaw, Public Relations Specialist, 727-341-4712.
2016 Program Showcase and Career Expo hosted by St. Petersburg College’s Workforce Institute
St. Petersburg College’s Workforce Institute will hosting the 2016 Program Showcase and Career Expo on:
• Aug. 18
• 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
• SPC Epicenter, 13805 58th St N., Clearwater, FL 33760
• Registration and Information: http://bit.ly/29tERMf
Participants can talk to faculty and staff about training and certification programs in manufacturing, information and innovative technologies, business and finance, healthcare, supply chain and international languages.
Additionally, participants can attend breakout sessions and mini courses to learn about funding resources to further their education and career.
This informative showcase is open to students, community partners, association members and the general public.
Topics will include:
• Coaching for Success
• Thriving in a Diverse Workspace
• Bud to Boss: Navigating the Transition
• Personal Empowerment: Taking the Initiative
• Excel, Word and PowerPoint Tips and Tricks
• Office 2016: New Features
• Windows 10 Skills Update
• The Basics of Saving and Investing
• Ten Steps to Financial Success
• Resources to Protect your Employees from an Active Shooter
• Branding Yourself as a Business Leader
• Unmanned Aircraft Systems (U.A.S.) Overview and Demonstration
• Careers in Project Management and Project Management Hidden in Job Titles
• Careers in Medical Assisting
• Manufacturing: Quality Standards, Careers, job possibilities in Florida and earning certifications
Participating community partners and professional organizations include:
• Suncoast Project Management Institute
• Salvation Army
• Clearwater Veterans Center
• TB Drones and Hobbies
• Suncoast Credit Union
• Find My Perfect Job Podcast
For more information, contact Fred Tucker at email@example.com.