ArticleType: Chamber News
Position: Member Development Manager
Compensation: Base Salary plus Commission
The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a business development professional to develop and manage membership sales resulting in new membership growth and existing membership upgrades. Additionally, the Member Development Manager will be responsible for advertising sales in Chamber publications, the Official Visitors Guide, the Relocation Journal, ‘Burg Life, and the published twice yearly Chamber Membership Directory. Other sales opportunities include event sponsorships as well as ad sales on the Chamber website, www.stpete.com and newsletter, Bright Spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop prospect lists and targeting strategies for new member acquisition.
• Contact, follow-up, and sell new Chamber memberships.
• Work to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership.
• Achieve budgeted revenue goals for new membership and retention.
• Build and engage staff and volunteer committees to achieve sales goals.
• Create campaigns and collateral to market value of Chamber membership.
• Identify cross-sell opportunities for sponsorships, advertising and other revenue generation.
Required Competencies and Experience:
• Upholds organizational values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, Integrity
• A minimum of four (4) years related professional experience with at least two (2) years in a membership organization.
• Previous sales experience as well as having managed a successful membership campaign.
• Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills, detailed oriented.
• Self-starter with a professional appearance and reliable transportation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment.
• Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations.
• Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality.
• Flexible schedule. An individual who has total integrity and credibility.
Those interested in applying for this position should submit their Resume to the VP Finance/Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.