ArticleType: Chamber News
Position: Member Development Manager
Compensation: Base Salary plus Commission
The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a business development professional to develop and manage membership sales program resulting in new membership growth and existing membership upgrades. This position reports to the President/CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop prospect lists and targeting strategies for new member development.
- Contact, follow-up, and sell new Chamber memberships.
- Work to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership.
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals for new membership and retention.
- Build and engage staff and volunteer committee working to achieve sales goals.
- Create campaigns and collateral to market value of Chamber membership.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities for sponsorships, advertising and other revenue generation.
Required Competencies and Experience:
- Upholds organizational values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, Integrity
- A Bachelor’s Degree; related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years related professional experience with at least two (2) years in a membership organization.
- Previous experience managing a successful membership campaign.
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills, detailed oriented.
- Must have previous sales experience.
- Self-starter with a professional appearance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment.
- Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations.
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality.
- Flexible schedule.
- An individual who has total integrity and credibility.
Please submit resumes to Linda Hart Punzak, VP Finance/Administration at email@example.com.