FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tampa Bay World Suicide Prevention Day Event on September 10th
TAMPA, FL – August 28th, 2015
The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay (www.crisiscenter.com) announced today that the Tampa Bay Suicide Prevention Task Force and the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay will be presenting a special event in observance of World Suicide Prevention Day on Thursday, September 10th.
• World Suicide Prevention Day
• Thursday, September 10th, 2015, 6:00pm - 8:30pm
• James A Haley VA Auditorium (13000 Bruce B. Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612)
• There is one death by suicide in the US every 13 minutes. (CDC)
• In 2013, over 41,000 Americans took their owns lives. (CDC)
• There is one suicide for every estimated 25 suicide attempts. (CDC)
• After cancer and heart disease, suicide accounts for more years of life lost than any other cause of death. (CDC)
• Free event for anyone and everyone
• Interactive displays will demonstrate techniques for coping and building resiliency
• Art activities, chair massages, & aroma therapy
• Performance by Ruby Dance Center
• Candle Light Vigil in remembrance of lives lost to suicide
• Keynote speech by Rena Romano regarding the journey of coping and resiliency
Contact for more information:
• Ken Gibson, email@example.com (813-410-4129).
About Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay is Tampa Bay’s elite provider of crisis and trauma services. Responding to over 160,000 requests for help each year, the nonprofit agency offers a range of evidenced based programs designed to meet community needs:
• TransCare (9-1-1 emergency and mental health ambulance services, medical van transportation)
• Corbett Trauma Center (individual, family and group trauma counseling and research)
• Sexual Assault Services (forensic exams, advocacy, empowerment and prevention services)
• Family Stabilization (financial education and case management for working families)
• Child and Family Safety (case management, advocacy, financial literacy, parent and child mentoring and education focused on keeping families intact through risk reduction and reducing barriers to educational success of children)
• Community Outreach and Training (community response and training)
• 2-1-1 Contact Center (suicide prevention, crisis counseling and information and referral services)
For more information regarding The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, please visit www.crisiscenter.com
About The Tampa Bay Suicide Prevention Task Force
The Tampa Bay Suicide Prevention Task Force was established to increase awareness and prevention of suicide in the Tampa Bay area. The Task Force is organized to offer an active role for interested citizens.
As a regional organization, the group seeks a wide collaborative effort in addressing suicide issues. By inviting entities and individuals in all counties within the Bay area, the Task Force works to make positive strides in suicide prevention in many sectors of our communities.
The Task Force helps to create a positive message about support, safety, resiliency and celebrating life. Committed individuals and collaborative groups can change the world. The Task Force intends to make every effort to change the stigma attached to suicide and offer information about how people can connect for support.
For more information regarding the Tampa Bay Suicide Prevention Task Force, please visit https://www.facebook.com/tbsptf
Media Contact: Ken Gibson, Director of Marketing & PR
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
# # #
Director of Marketing & PR
Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
One Crisis Center Plaza
Tampa FL, 33613