ArticleType: Member News
Academy of Finance Northeast High School Mentor Program
The Academy of Finance at Northeast High School is looking for business partners and mentors. The mentoring program is an excellent way to contribute to the professional development of our students. If you work in the financial services industry and are looking for a non-profit organization to join, then please consider our mentoring program.
The Academy of Finance is designed to equip students with personal, analytical, technical, and communication skills they need to thrive in a global economy. AOF students will be prepared to continue their education at the post-secondary level and build their careers with a strong finance and business background. Students follow a curriculum that is intensive in business and finance principles, which provides them with a comprehensive picture of career options available within the industry.
Mentoring is exciting, challenging, and rewarding. It holds great promise for helping young people in a meaningful way. The academy attempts to match each student in grades 10 through 12 with a mentor from the community. Mentors act as career guides for students, providing encouragement and advice. They meet on campus (lunch time recommended) with students throughout the school year. Mentors offer support, consistency, and a chance for a young person to develop the knowledge and skills needed to reach their fullest potential.
All mentors receive a two hour training workshop. At this workshop, volunteers are provided useful information about being a mentor. Contact the Family & Community Liaison, Avril Osburn, at (727) 570-3138 ext.2115 for more information.
BUSINESS PARTNER ADVANTAGES
* Access to the talent pipeline and identify leaders before your competition
* Drive local education and training that matches your business needs
* Invest directly in the next generation of highly focused business leaders
* Exceed corporate social impact and accountability goals
* Collaborate with other business leaders towards common goals
ACADEMY PROGRAM INCLUDES
* Financial Planning, Insurance, Banking, Accounting, and Industry Certifications
* Creating Career Opportunities for Students
* Mentors from industry to guide students
* Developing Tomorrow's Financial Services Leaders
* NAF Curriculum (National Academy Foundation)
* InVEST Curriculum (Insurance Education for Future Leaders)
* Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay
* IRS VITA Tax Preparers
* QuickBooks Certifications
* Microsoft Office Specialist Certifications
* CFA Investment Foundations-CFA Institute
* FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)